Tuesday, March 24, 2009

gmail mobile app, why must you torture me so?

Gmail's mobile app is great - except for one thing. It consistently shows the wrong time on all messages in my inbox. It's 4 hours ahead, so I have e-mails that say I received them at 8 PM when it's only 4 PM here. I tried to go online and find the solution on Google's help forums, but all I found was a lot of other people who have the same problem, and no answers from anyone at Google.

Gmail shows the correct time on messages in my web browser on both my computer and my phone. It's only the Java mobile app that shows the incorrect time. I tried multiple things:
  • turned off a few Google Labs toys (like Gmail offline),
  • changed the time detection on my phone from "Automatic" to "Manual",
  • logged out of Gmail on my computer before logging back in on my phone app.
None of these things have worked, and my Gmail mobile app still happily displays the time 4 hours ahead. I'm sick of living in the future. It sucks. =P Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

FYI: I use a Samsung A737, which I'm fairly sure is supported.

No comments:

Post a Comment